Course: Master of Arts in Education major in Library Science
School: Saint Mary's College of Bayombong, Philippines
Subject Area: Information Needs, Academic Libraries - Cagayan
Year of Graduation: May 1993
Findings and Conclusions
2. SLTC library has a adequate and updated collection of books and other materials that support the academic needs of its information users.
3. The greatest percentage of library for the first semester come from the CAS/ED department while the least percentage can be found in CT department.
4. Generally, library services offered by SLCT library are still the traditional services.
5. The library users of SLCT have the same information needs in terms of types of materials, organizations, special collections and subjects/ topics.
6. Generally, the library users of SLCT library employ different practices and methods on data retrieval. Specifically, they employ different methods of retrieving library date on: a) degree of independence in the use of the library, b) degree of systematic of retrieval tools, c) degree of awareness of current information, d) degree of exhaustiveness in searching/use of library materials e0 degree of orderliness on data retrieval.
7. In general, the three groups of information users have different problems encountered on data retrieval.
8. Generally, the three groups of information users have the same level of: a) degree of independence in the use of the library, b) degree of systematic of retrieval tools, c) degree of awareness of current information, d) degree of exhaustiveness in searching/use of library materials e0 degree of orderliness on data retrieval.
A. School Administrators. a) That they should study the possibilities of making school policies which requires librarians to formulate library objectives and policies for better library services in line with data retrieval, b) That the should into possibility of incorporating library science in any English subject among the three departments, c) Likewise, they should help the librarians disseminate those formulated school policies to the faculty, personnel and students.
B. Library Staff. a) That they should start introducing or improving new services with regards to data retrieval so that the library will really benefit the users, b) That they should look into possibilities of conducting an intensive library instruction so that the use of library and its resources will be comprehensively discussed. c) The library should now go on computerization to further improve its services on data retrieval.
C. Information Users. That they should be encourage to open to the maximum the lines of communication with the library staff so that group can work cooperatively for the improvement of the library and its services.
D. Researchers. That they should continue searching and discover data about information needs, practices and problems of information users.
Moreover, the study should serve as a springboard for research who who may wish to study further the needs, practices and problems on data retrieval of information users in other academic setting.