Course: Master of Arts in Education major in Library Science
School: Saint Mary's University, Philippines
Subject Area: Academic Libraries - Nueva Vizcaya
Year of Graduation: 2001
Statement of the Problem
1. Status of the NVSPC Library Based on the New Instruments of AACCUP Standards.
3. On area of collections/holdings, there is a need to increase the collection of Engineering books.
4. The librarians were qualified and licensed but they were not granted academic status equal to that of the faculty.
5.The physical set-up of the library is generally very good; it is spacious, well-ventilated, well-lighted, and clean. There is a separate library for the Graduate School.
6.The Linkages of the library are not efficiently carried out.
7. The three groups of respondents have similar evaluations with regards to the different content areas of the NVSPC Library.
8. The dominant problems encountered by the administrators and staff, faculty members and students were: insufficient library collections especially on journals/magazines in line with the curriculum, unavailability of some equipment like computers and multimedia, and a need for additional support staff in the library.
1. The administrators and librarians of the NVSPC should consider seriously the library standards of the AACCUP in their efforts to improve further the library.
2. The administration should allot a definite and adequate budget for the acquisition of library materials and resources to improve library services.
3. There should be a continuing evaluation of the library by administrators, librarians, faculty and the students.
4. Collections should be improved.
5. Linkages with other libraries in the Region should be established.
6. Computers, Internet access should be installed in the College Library.
7. The collection of magazines and journals should be improved and updated.
8. Furniture and equipment in the library like tables and shelves should be standardized.
9. Non-book resources like multimedia, CD-ROMs and others should be added.
10. Additional support staff be provided.
11. A follow up study can be cinducted.