Course: Master of Arts in Education major in Library Science
School: Saint Mary's College of Bayombong, Philippines
Subject Area: Academic Libraries - Region 02
Year of Graduation: 1991
Statement of the Problem
Current Status of SUC Libraries
2. Majority of the library staff in the five SUC libraries are professional librarians.
Comparison of the SUCs Libraries
2. Physical facilities, classification and care of library resources, and use of the library likewise vary significantly among the SUC libraries.
Problems Encountered in the Various Library Aspects.
2. SUC libraries are noisy and crowded during library hours.
3. Locating library materials is difficult and it takes too long to get needed materials. Library arrangement, including classification, is confusing in majority of this schools.
2. The library staff are continuously upgrading themselves in terms of educational attainment and professional growth to better equip them and qualify themselves for more efficient service.
4. All the SUC libraries in the Region provide almost the same number of hours of service and that they do not widely vary as to classification and care of library materials are taken into account.
5. The dominant problem encountered by the students and the faculty member is the inadequacy of the following resources: general reference books, professional books in their field of specialization, and professional periodicals.
6. In general, there are SUC in the region that do not come up with the prescribed standards on some aspects of librarianship like holdings.
7. Variations exest to a large extent among the SUC libraries in Region 02 in terms of holdings, staff, facilities and services.
2.A nationwide information dissemination on the importance of books for library purchases.
1.The administrators should give predominal attention to collection of books to upgraded the present state of their own libraries, rather than just physical facilities. This should be on a continuing regular basis.
2.Priority should be given to purchase of books and other expenditures for library resources to ensure quality service.
1.Intensive and extensive use of library and its resources should be done by the faculty so that the students will be encourage to do the same.
2.Faculty members should be encourage to have their own personal books so that the students can fully avail of the books available in the library.
1.Library staff should be given the chance to pursue professional growth and be encouraged to take up further studies especially in the fields of library science.
E. For the Further Studies.
2. Performance Evaluation of library staff.