Course: Master in Library and Information Science
School: University of the Philippines, Quezon City
Subject Area: Music Libraries
Year of Graduation: 2000
Findings and Conclusions
2. An association of librarians/catalogers must be established to prepare the cataloging-in-publication for all published and unpublished Philippine music compositions
3. Resource sharing is recommended for the libraries that are in need of Philippine music materials.
4. The notes area should be enhanced by additional information such as: type of notation, first line of a vocal composition, duration of the music piece, and range and key signatures of vocal works.
5. For better access to Philippine music compositions, a review, analysis, and compilation of various subject headings used or the improvised ones, must be made.
6. The form of music composition and subject content of every music score must be reflected in the subject entries.
7. A compilation or an index of Philippine music tunes and themes must be made.
8. A list of subject headings applicable to Filipino music compositions be established.